Dr Chris MartinPatent Attorney
Chris works in our electrical and mechanical patents team and has experience across a number of fields including, electronic and electrical engineering, physics, and mechanical engineering, with particular expertise in medical devices, electronic device manufacturing, oil and gas technologies, control and instrumentation, textiles, electronic sensors and systems, construction technology, automotive engineering, renewable energy and optical systems.
Before joining Lawrie, Chris spent two years working as a post-doctoral Research Associate at the University of Glasgow where he was part of a research
project working on a portable electronic sensing platform to detect the metabolites present in human blood.
His practice areas include drafting and management of global patent families, prosecuting international registered design portfolios, and preparing IP audits.
Driven by working to the highest standards and by providing the best possible service, Chris also thrives on being introduced to new technologies and making sure that his clients’ IP is fully protected.
- MEng Electronic and Electrical Engineering (University of Glasgow)
- Ph.D Electronics and Nanoscale Engineering (University of Glasgow)
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- Member of the Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office (EPI)
A bit about Chris
When he’s not taking his cue from his clients, Chris plays snooker and has a high break of 51.