Dr Craig HutchisonDirector,
Craig oversees our electrical, mechanical and software teams, guiding clients from physics, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering industries.
With over 20 years’ experience, Craig’s specialisms include drafting and prosecution of global patent families, due diligence reviews, freedom to operate opinions, infringement opinions and contentious proceedings before the Oppositions Divisions and Boards of Appeal of the European Patent Office.
Craig has particular expertise in oil and gas technologies, sonar imaging, retinal imaging, robotics, prosthetics, automotive engineering, cycling and fishing componentry, advanced coated films, and construction technologies.
Motivated by doing a great job for his clients, Craig takes pride in watching their businesses evolve and grow with the knowledge that their IP has helped them get there.
“Physicist and electrical/mechanical engineer Hutchison is a filer and manager of global patent portfolios par excellence, and a staunch advocate before the EPO; his technical insight encompasses cutting-edge areas such as retinal imaging and robotics.”IAM Patent 1000 2022
- BSc (Hons) Applied Physics (Strathclyde University)
- Ph.D Electronic and Electrical Engineering (Strathclyde University)
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- Member of the Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office (EPI)
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Litigation
A bit about Craig
Craig is foot-sure in and out of the office with a passion for collecting sneakers.