Dr Nicole WhitcombeHead of Chemistry,
Nicole is our Head of Chemistry and having worked in private practice for two well known UK firms of patent and trade mark attorneys as well as in-house as a senior patent attorney for a FTSE 100 company, she is very well placed to guide clients through their IP challenges.
A post-doctoral Research Associate at the University of Cambridge before joining the patent profession, Nicole has gained significant experience in the fields of pharmaceuticals, chemistry, catalysis and chiral technologies.
Her practice areas include drafting and prosecution of global patent families, freedom to operate opinions, invalidity opinions, providing advice on IP related aspects of agreements, and contentious proceedings before the Opposition Divisions and Boards of Appeal of the European Patent Office.
Nicole’s broad experience ensures clients receive a thorough IP service with no stone left unturned.
- BSc (Hons) Chemistry (Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine)
- Ph.D Chemistry (Imperial College/Kings College London)
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- Member of the Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office (EPI)
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Litigation
A bit about Nicole
When she's not guiding our clients through patent landscapes, Nicole enjoys the beautiful English countryside and loves nothing more than a ramble in nature.