Jim RobertsonHead of Life Sciences,
Jim joined Lawrie in 2021 to head up our life sciences team.
With over 25 years’ experience, Jim’s technical fields include diagnostics and therapeutics, molecular and cellular biology, antigens and antibody-based technologies, microbiology, medical devices, digital healthtech, synthetic biology, personalised medicine, regenerative medicine, agritech, plants and biopesticides.
Motivated by helping his clients’ businesses thrive, Jim protects their products and technologies by drafting, filing and prosecuting patent applications, managing patent portfolios, and handling contentious proceedings such as oppositions and revocations. He also undertakes due diligence on commercial transactions and performs freedom to operate work.
His expertise allows his clients to get on with building their own successful businesses while he looks after their IP.
- MA Natural Sciences (University of Cambridge)
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- Member of the Life Sciences Committee at CIPA
- Member of the Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office (EPI)
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Litigation
A bit about Jim
When he's not helping our clients navigate the world of patents, Jim is a keen traveller and a real 'mountain man' – his favourite trip so far has been to the Annapurna Sanctuary in Nepal.