Trade Mark Attorney
Sharon leads the firm on trade marks, guiding clients on protecting their brands and enforcing registered and unregistered rights.
Working across a wide variety of industries, Sharon has a strong track record in pharmaceuticals, medical apparatus, food and drink, software and mobile apps, oil and gas, clothing and accessories. She also specialises in retail, marketing and business administration, financial services, design and development services and renewable energy.
Her expertise includes clearance searching, filing and prosecution of applications in the UK, Europe and internationally, filing and defending oppositions, invalidity and revocation actions, arranging co- existence agreements, providing strategic advice, carrying out due diligence and conducting IP audits.
Sharon also advises on transactions involving IP and prepares and files registered design applications.
After nearly 20 years of working in IP, Sharon is motivated by new challenges and finding solutions for her clients – making their IP journey straightforward by empowering them to make confident, informed decisions.
“Trade mark group head Mackison provides clear explanations and analysis at every stage.”WTR 1000 2022
- MA (Hons) French Language & Literature (University of Glasgow)
- Chartered UK Trade Mark Attorney
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA)
- Elected CITMA Council Member in 2021 and Member of the Law & Practice Committee
- Examination, Qualification and Standards Committee
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Litigation
A bit about Sharon
Always keen to make improvements, Sharon is a keen amateur DIY-er and loves upcycling to give furniture a new lease of life.